cxf-users mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request-Response MEP with JMS using PubSub?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 01:58:45 GMT
Hi Glen,

That's intended, jms topic can't work with request-response pattern, as topic could get received
by multiple subscribers. Considering this scenario, one client send request to the topic,
and multiple server subscribe this topic, so multiple server can get request and then response,
so the client would be confused as it get multiple response, it's against the one request<===>
one response pattern, that's why jms topic transport can only work with oneway.

Freeman
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
weibo: http://weibo.com/u/1473905042

On 2012-10-22, at 上午6:51, Glen Mazza wrote:

> Hi, we have two closely similar JMS examples in the CXF distribution:  jms_queue and
jms_pubsub, representing the two destination styles available.  However the latter example
provides only the one-way message exchange pattern (operation "greetMeOneWay"[1]), while the
queue example provides both the one-way and request-response MEPs.  Why is that?  Is it because
that pubsub will not work with request-response MEPs, or it's just that the the pubsub example
wasn't filled out enough (it can easily support it, it's just that this sample doesn't show
it.)