cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Mathews, Christopher" <christopher.math...@jpmchase.com>
Subject CXF 2.6.2 - SOAPAction Validation Behavior
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:17:25 GMT
Since upgrading from CXF 2.6.1 to CXF 2.6.2 we are getting reports from a few of our clients
that they are receiving errors calling our services.  In particular, a small number of client
appear to be receiving a SOAP Fault with the error:  "The given SOAPAction XXX does not match
an operation.".  Our wsdls define their soapAction to be empty string and as far as I understand
it that should instruct toolkits to not send a SOAPAction header.  There is a well-known issue
with older versions of Axis2 clients (which we hit): https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4264.
 However, even ignoring the AXIS2 we have at least one other client explicitly setting the
SOAPAction header and receiving an error on calls that previous to our upgrade to CXF 2.6.2
worked fine.

I looked for more detail on this change but I couldn't find a specific JIRA issue for the
CXF 2.6.2 release that seemed to match with this behavior, so I am hoping maybe someone here
could provide some input on how to properly handle this.  I have put in a change to handle
the AXIS2 client issue in our application before it hits CXF (via a Servlet Filter) but it
feels like I am hacking around an issue that maybe I don't fully understand... and when we
hit the second client issue that definitely reinforced the feeling.  It always feel a little
strange going back to a client and telling them their code is broken when it worked perfectly
fine a month ago and they haven't made any changes since.  Is it appropriate for CXF to be
rejecting these requests?  Any way to override this behavior or is the correct answer to work
with the clients to force in the changes (however painful that ends up being)?

FYI... there is a stackoverflow question here that looks to be hitting the same issue so I
am hoping the problem isn't isolated to me:  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12220851/the-given-soapaction-does-not-match-an-operation

-Chris

and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.

disclosures relating to European legal entities.