cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CXF JAXB formatted output
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:55:32 GMT

On Sep 12, 2012, at 10:02 AM, Art O'Cathain <Art.O'Cathain@gamma.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm struggling to add the jaxb.formatted.output=true option to outgoing XML from a CXF
SOAP client. It seems that org.apache.cxf.jaxb.JAXBEncoderDecoder.JAXBEncoderDecoder resets
it to false.

> It was introduced in this commit
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cxf/trunk/rt/databinding/jaxb/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxb/JAXBEncoderDecoder.java?r1=537016&r2=546656
>
> Can anyone explain the rationale for this or provide a workaround?

Wow.  That commit is from 2007.  :-)

Likely consider it a bug.   Feel free to log a JIRA issue and attache a patch.  :-)

Dan

> (I'm not using CXF JAX-RS but it implies here http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs-data-bindings.html#JAX-RSDataBindings-ConfiguringJAXBprovider
that you can enable it. I haven't tried that code since I'm not using Spring config)

> Art
>

>                Art O'Cathain
>                Senior Software Analyst Developer
>

>                E: Art.O'Cathain@gamma.co.uk
>                W: http://www.gamma.co.uk
>
> This is an email from Gamma Telecom Ltd, trading as "Gamma". The contents of this email
are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed. This
email is not intended to create any legal relationship. No one else may place any reliance
upon it, or copy or forward all or any of it in any form (unless otherwise notified). If you
receive this email in error, please accept our apologies, we would be obliged if you would
telephone our postmaster on +44 (0) 808 178 9652 or email postmaster@gamma.co.uk

> Gamma Telecom Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, with limited liability,
with registered number 04340834, and whose registered office is at 5 Fleet Place London EC4M
7RD and whose principal place of business is at Kings House, Kings Road West, Newbury, Berkshire,
RG14 5BY.

--
Daniel Kulp