cxf-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <gma...@talend.com>
Subject Re: raise exception
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 12:22:34 GMT
That is per the JAX-WS specification, the SOAP client (your first web
service provider in this case) will receive only SOAP faults from the
second WSP in case of system or any other exceptions.  Normally for
non-client created system exceptions the WSP having the exception
(either 1st or 2nd) should be sending only another SOAP fault with a
generic "something bad happened, contact support" error message to the
client that called it (either the original WSC or the 1st WSP) while
writing the inner details about the exception in the exception-raising
WSP's log.  I.e., you don't want to broadcast internal error details
about a WSP to the client calling it, as that can give Bad Guy Hacker
useful information about the workings of your system.

Glen