cxf-users mailing list archives

From Pavel Khodchenkov <pavel.khodchen...@kit-digital.com>
Subject RE: cxf-java2ws-plugin wsdl generation on java 7
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:00:36 GMT
Hi,

I have still have this warning (JDK6+Maven3):

[WARNING] src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name 'ns1:multiItemEntitlementDTO' to a(n) 'type
definition' component.
  line 35 of file:/E:/IdeaProjects/1/test-cxf-java2wsdl/target/generated-sources/wsdl/AmazingService.wsdl#types?schema2

From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:dkulp@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 2:17 PM
To: users@cxf.apache.org; Pavel Khodchenkov
Subject: Re: cxf-java2ws-plugin wsdl generation on java 7

I've attached the pom I used.

Dan

On Aug 24, 2012, at 5:23 AM, Pavel Khodchenkov <pavel.khodchenkov@kit-digital.com<mailto:pavel.khodchenkov@kit-digital.com>>
wrote:

> Hi,
> If you change the CXF plugin to generate the WSDL into ${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/wsdl,
then you get the EXACT same wsdl as if you generate elsewhere, but you no longer get the warning
from the JAX-WS plugin.
> ----------------------------------
>
> I have tried to apply proposed solution, but still have warnings (suppose I am doing
smth wrong :) ).
> Can you please send me the modified maven project where the wsdl generated by CXF is
accepted by Metro without warning?

install -PMETRO", you get the same error.

> Basically, it looks like the wsimport thing needs to have the "generated" directory on
the class path somehow.    If you add:

>    <build>
>         <resources>
>              <resource>
>                    <directory>${project.build.directory}/generated</directory>
>              </resource>
>         </resources>
>    </build>
>
> to the pom to make sure the generated directory is on the class path, then it also runs
without the error.

> Dan
>

> On Aug 22, 2012, at 8:25 AM, Pavel Khodchenkov <pavel.khodchenkov@kit-digital.com<mailto:pavel.khodchenkov@kit-digital.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi there,
>> I have tried Metro and it was able to generate the wsdl without this warning. The
problem is in having the XmlRootElement annotation in one of the entities when this entity
is placed inside a list :D . I have extracted the most simple reproducible use case (please
see maven 3 project attached) which produce such warning. However , this warning in this sample
project is generated also on JDK 6 when using CXF java2wsdl (Metro works fine). Once XmlRootElement
annotation is removed from MultiItemEntitlementDTO then CXF also generates a valid wsdl. Please
take a look.

>> P.S Some of my services were exposed as SOAP as REST at the same time, so XmlRootElement
annotation was required on entity classes , otherwise rest invocation fails with 'No message
body writer has been found for class' and  <response> element in wadl will not have
type declaration.

rip out as much as you can from the SEI to give the simplest class that provides the same
error.  Checking to see what Metro does (same error? no error?) might also be informative:

Coder - http://coders.talend.com