cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Leaking timer complaint from Tomcat7
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:01:27 GMT
Hi,
On 19/07/12 20:33, Benson Margulies wrote:
> Using the tomcat-maven-plugin to launch a cxf-bearing webapp (2.6.1,
> JAX-RS, spring configuration) ... at shutdown I get:
>
> SEVERE: The web application [/wd40] appears to have started a thread
> named [Timer-0] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to
> create a memory leak.
>
> Any ideas?

The only place where I can see Timer initiated in the code is in
AtomPushEngine (which manages the delivery of log events transformed to
feeds). However AtomPushHandler (LogHandler) closes the engine in its
own close() method. Do you use it in your own web app ?

Perhaps it might be to do with the continuations (provided the
application uses them) - no Timer in the CXF code though.

Can you try and narrow down a bit, perhaps by commenting some parts of
the configuration/code. Also, do you see the warning even when you stop
the container immediately after it's been started ?

Sergey