cxf-users mailing list archives

From Mark Streit <mcs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Webservice response mismatch between WAS 6.1 and WAS 8
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 18:22:34 GMT
I would think it is likely possible that there is a classloader issue (Dan
alludes to that below in terms of what Stax parser is being picked up) and
here are some things to consider:

1) AFAIK - JAX-WS support *in WAS 6.1 *had to be provided with some sort of
"Feature Pack" add-on installation (uses Axis2)
2) For WAS 8, it now has all the JAX-WS support built-in already in the
same way WAS 7 did and again, it uses Axis2 - there was no "Feature Pack"
mess to deal with in WAS 7.
3) I would assume you had to do things like Glen Mazza's blog discusses to
"get around" the IBM stack where CXF (or Metro for that matter - anything
other than Axis2) would be used:
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/deploying_webservices_on_websphere
This talks about getting the CXF stack to be the JAX-WS engine and avoid
all the Axis2 stuff on the server side.
4) Since the issue is being seen on the CLIENT side here, you may want to
check the *classloader setting for the client side application* that is
making the call to the backend service since you want it to see the CXF
distribution BEFORE it picks up the IBM/Axis2 stack components as well.

Hope this helps...