cxf-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <gma...@talend.com>
Subject Re: Wrong binding ID: http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/xformat error
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 20:33:48 GMT
It looks like the Metro installed by default with GlassFish is getting
activated, not CXF.    I suspect you're trying to do too much at once,
making it hard to troubleshoot.  I would make it a two-step process:

1.) Get your sample below working on simple Tomcat where there's no
Metro conflicts
(http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/web_service_tutorial can help even
though it's a different sample)

2.) Then try to figure out the portion of getting the same WAR to work
on GlassFish (where you'll need to suppress the Metro libraries)

*Or*

1.) Get the simplest possible web service working on GlassFish
(http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/web_service_tutorial is a good
candidate, although I've never tried to get it to work on GlassFish)

2.) Then try to get things working with the
"http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/xformat" BindingType.

Incidentally, I'm not sure but there's a very good chance our XML over
HTTP binding (which I very rarely hear about nowadays) is obsolete with
JAX-RS / REST.  I would first rule out CXF's JAX-RS implementation, as
well as the standard SOAP over HTTP binding, as useful options for you
before considering XML over HTTP.

Glen

--
Glen Mazza