cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CORS and Http Basic Authentication
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 21:35:09 GMT
On 21/06/12 17:52, semecxf wrote:
> I have authentication class which implements
> org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.ext.RequestHandler to do authentication.
> My code works fine, except with cors.
> In cors request (AuthorizationPolicy)message.get(AuthorizationPolicy.class)
> returns null therefore I can't get user name and password.
>
> Any body knows how cors and http basic authentication work?

this entry provides some useful info:
http://avalanche123.com/blog/2011/10/10/cross-domain-javascript-lessons-learned/

By the way, we may need to enhance the CXF CORS filter to return
'Access-Control-Allow-Credentials: true' if it's configured to enforce
BasicAuth and no AuthorizationPolicy is available.

Sergey