cxf-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <gma...@talend.com>
Subject Re: Wsdl2java overwrites my implementation class
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:38:39 GMT
Welcome to CXF.  Yes, in contrast to Axis (IIRC) the -impl option is
highly optional in CXF, it's meant to be used *just once* to create a
skeleton class that you then move into your basic (non-generated) source
structure, then implement its methods there, then you remove that -impl
option so the next wsdl2java run won't create that impl class.  The impl
class is not meant to be auto-generated over and over.

Further, in the Mavenized structure (I highly recommend using Maven),
your classes that you implement will be in a different folder (under
"src") than the ones generated by wsdl2java (which go under
target/generated-sources), so overwriting would not be a concern
(although class duplication would be if you forgot to remove the -impl
option.)  See here for more info:
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/web_service_tutorial ,
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/junit_for_soap_clients (latter just
to show how to use the -impl option with Maven.)

HTH,
Glen