cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How the inheritance in java is supported in SOAP and RESTful services by using cxf
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 16:39:53 GMT

If you add an @XmlSeeAlso annotation that points to the Student class, then
JAXB (and thus CXF) can pick up the Student class and it will appear the
schema and would properly be transfered on the wire with the appropriate
xsi:type attribute.

You can add it to the Person class (so the Person knows about it's
subclasses) or you can add it to the Service class

@XmlSeeAlso({Student.class})
public class Service  {
 	public String print(Person p){
 		return p.info();