cxf-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Shakirin <ashaki...@talend.com>
Subject Copiing Request SOAP Headers to Fault response
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 17:56:12 GMT
Hi,

Actually JAXWSMethodInvoker and AbstractJAXWSMethodInvoker contain code to copy request soap
headers (except security one) to SOAP Fault: AbstractJAXWSMethodInvoker.updateHeader().

I see some use cases when it is not really desired:

1)      Request SOAP headers contains some labelling information about request elements and
they make sense only with request

2)      Request SOAP headers extending request elements with meta-information

If request headers are copied into fault response, they can be invalid in response context
and cause undesired effects:

1)      it makes response processing on the client side more difficult, especially if processing
interceptor is called before incoming fault message is recognized and placed into exchange.getInFaultMessage()

2)      response fault message has larger size

Proposal is to define context property that give user the possibility to switch-off coping
request headers into fault response.
If proposal makes sense, I will prepare Jira with patch.

Regards,
Andrei.