cxf-users mailing list archives

From Oliver Wulff <owu...@talend.com>
Subject RE: Apache fediz with tomcat 6
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 13:43:27 GMT
Hi Steffi

Could you increase the log level for tomcat and attach the zipped log file?

Thanks
Oli

------

Oliver Wulff

Blog: http://owulff.blogspot.com
Solution Architect
http://coders.talend.com

From: Stephanie Stroka [stephanie.stroka@adnovum.ch]
Sent: 10 May 2012 13:51
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache fediz with tomcat 6

Hey Oli,

thanks for replying!

I deleted context.xml from the META-INF directory and configured the
custom valve in server.xml inside of the <Host> element:

<Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
         <Context path="">
             <Valve
className="org.apache.cxf.fediz.tomcat.FederationAuthenticator"
                 issuerURL="https://zfs-wsfed-dev.zh.adnovum.ch/rpidp/"
                 truststoreFile="conf/stsstore.jks"
                 truststorePassword="stsspass"
                 trustedIssuer=".*CN=www.sts.com.*" />
         </Context>
</Host>

But now I'm getting the following errors:

May 10, 2012 1:26:25 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
authenticatorConfig
SEVERE: Cannot configure an authenticator for method WSFED
May 10, 2012 1:26:25 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig start
SEVERE: Marking this application unavailable due to previous error(s)
May 10, 2012 1:26:25 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error getConfigured
May 10, 2012 1:26:25 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/fedizhelloworld] startup failed due to previous errors

What do I miss?

thanks and best wishes,
Steffi

On 05/09/12 18:09, Oliver Wulff wrote:
> Hi Steffi
>
> As far as I remember, Tomcat 6 doesn't support to configure a custom Valve in META-INF/context.xml.
If you configure the context in the server.xml it should get picked up. Have you tried this
already?