cxf-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Riley <cri...@hkmconsultingllc.com>
Subject Re: Rest Json Encryption and decryption?
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2012 01:52:02 GMT
If you are doing REST services, you should be using SSL/TLS over HTTP.
Transport security will encrypt anything that is on the wire and is what
REST consumers expect. WS-Security focuses on XML-Encryption and XML-DigSig
with an expectation that you are moving XML payloads. JSON would not be
recommended here. If you need to encrypt JSON data at rest you could look
at PGP or the like also.