cxf-users mailing list archives

From sfont <stefano.fonta...@gmail.com>
Subject Cxf 2.2.9 client thread safety and MTOM
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 20:39:23 GMT
Hi,
I have a cxf client (release 2.2.9) in an application. We use a single
instance of that client in a multi threaded context and that instance is
created from a Spring "jaxws:client" element declared in a spring context
and injected in other beans as suggested here:

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-ws-configuration.html
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-ws-configuration.html

at paragraph "Configuring a Spring Client (Option 1)".

With respect to the notes about thread safe clients in:

http://cxf.apache.org/faq.html#FAQ-AreJAXWSclientproxiesthreadsafe%3F
http://cxf.apache.org/faq.html#FAQ-AreJAXWSclientproxiesthreadsafe%3F

I can say that in our case sharing our client is not a trouble.

The question is:

in our client we have enabled MTOM: I don't know how mtom support is
implemented in cxf 2.2.9 (for example if it uses the RequestContext which
brokes thread safety as explained in FAQ).
May we be confident that our client still continues to be thread safe also
with MTOM enabled?

Thank you.