cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF Test client for JAXB load testing
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:20:04 GMT
Hi Kiren
On 28/03/12 10:33, Kiren Pillay wrote:
> Hi Sergey!
>
> With your code I'm getting 13 ms average on my Tomcat server and  34ms on
> Jetty maven plugin (I was actually expecting the opposite).
>
> Against the String response url I'm getting 4ms on Tomcat  and 5ms on Jetty.
>
> I think now we're getting down to the level of differences in the quality
> of our hardware, I've got an intel I5  (M 430  @ 2.27GHz) laptop with
> plenty of RAM, you probably have a better machine. I'm running Java 7
> update 3 on a linux 64bit Ubuntu 11.10  machine.

I have I7 with few processors and plenty of memory, so that can explain
some difference. Java6 & Ubuntu 11.04. Please try CXF 2.5.3-SNAPSHOT,
that might help with saving few milliseconds too plus in case of JAXB -
save on the pretty-printing 'expenses' which you already verified.

What I think is that the server runtime is performing pretty well, the
client runtimes have different qualities though and that can affect the
performance measurements...

Wonder how would JIXB perform :-)

Cheers, Sergey

> Regards
> Kiren
>
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Sergey Beryozkin<sberyozkin@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Kiren
>>
>> On 27/03/12 13:09, Kiren Pillay wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sergey,
>>>
>>> Attached is a war file against which I am testing my client.
>>>
>> great, thanks
>>

>>   The test URLS
>>> are given below together with the Jamon stats for a 1000 hits.
>>>

>>> 1. Large response (27k)
>>>
>>> url="http://localhost:8080/**RestTest/rest/test/long/27000<http://localhost:8080/RestTest/rest/test/long/27000>
>>> "**;
>>> JAMon Label=myCodeTimer, Units=ms.: (Hits=1000.0, Avg=7.77, Total=7770.0,
>>> Min=4.0
>>> tps:128.5512276642242
>>>
>>> 2. Small response
>>>
>>> url="http://localhost:8080/**RestTest/rest/test/short<http://localhost:8080/RestTest/rest/test/short>
>>> ";
>>> JAMon Label=myCodeTimer, Units=ms.: (Hits=1000.0, Avg=5.454, Total=5454.0,
>>> Min=3.0, Max=37.0
>>> tps:183.0831197363603
>>>
>>> 3. Dummy Response using the JAXB schema
>>>
>>> url="http://localhost:8080/**RestTest/rest/test/xml<http://localhost:8080/RestTest/rest/test/xml>
>>> ";
>>> JAMon Label=myCodeTimer, Units=ms.: (Hits=1000.0, Avg=15.381,
>>> Total=15381.0,
>>> Min=9.0, Max=542.0,

>>> xsd-server-1.3.0_ba_nemo-**SNAPSHOT.jar<http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5597650/pams-core-xsd-server-1.3.0_ba_nemo-SNAPSHOT.jar>