cxf-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Paul Hanna <tha...@ldschurch.org>
Subject ASM problems
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 22:42:32 GMT
We recently ran into some interesting behavior caused by ASM.

We use the @ResponseWrapper in one of our services to change the name of the Response element
returned by our service.

With ASM 3.3 on the classpath (which is transitive dependency on cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws)  calling
the following

MessageInfo info = (MessageInfo) message.get("org.apache.cxf.service.model.MessageInfo");
String method = info.getName().getLocalPart();

Would ignore the @ResponseWrapper and just return the usual name.  When we excluded ASM from
our classpath it would take into account the @ResponseWrapper annotation.

In digging into this we discovered that with ASM on the classpath the following

message.getExchange().getBindingOperationInfo().getWrappedOperation().getOutput().getMessageInfo().getMessageParts().get(0).getTypeClass()

would return an ASM generated class, otherwise it was null.

Can anyone explain this behavior?  Also why having ASM on our classpath would ignore the @ResponseWrapper

Tim

 NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email