cxf-users mailing list archives

From Néstor Boscán <nesto...@gmail.com>
Subject CXF Interesting Behaviour with Exceptions
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 21:39:47 GMT
Hi

I'm new to CXF and we want to migrate a big SOA enviroment with many
applications to use CXF as the web service provider. Our platform has an
exception hierarchy that is something like this:

                                           CompanyException

               ErrorException ------------------------- MessageException

       |                  |
PlatformNotAvailableException   SecurityException   MaintenanceException

To make CXF work with this exception hierarchy, and basically any other web
service framework, I have to declare that I throw ErrorException,
MessageException, PlatformNotAvailableException, SecurityException,
MaintenanceException and it gets mapped to XSD in the WSDL. Now everything
works correctly except that if I throw PlatformNotAvailableException I get
ErrorException in the HTTP Client. With the other exceptions I get the
correct exception. I checked the exception declaration, the XSD generated
in the WSDL and they are correct and are the same for all exceptions.

Regards,

Néstor Boscán