cxf-users mailing list archives

From Hervé BARRAULT <herve.barra...@gmail.com>
Subject CXF and Safety
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 09:55:37 GMT
Hi,
My application publishes web services using CXF.
Sometimes, some clients are flooding my application (i'm not able to
process the requests as fast as they coming : like a DoS)

Should I handle it directly in my application or is there a configuration
in CXF to being able to handle this problem ?

Such as Limiting the number of connection by host (and eventually by
service [some services could be more "critical" than other]).
Limiting the number of request by second (but this limit could depend on
the global load).
I have seen : http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Reference/DoSFilter (which is
dedicated to Jetty).

SI there other smart strategies ?

Here the question is not about DoS Attack but how to handle a Unintentional
denial of service.

Thanks for answers.
Regards
Hervé