cxf-users mailing list archives

From Alois <alukome...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Instantiation of service class -- Are constructor paramters supported?
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:59:40 GMT
On 02/08/2012 10:38 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 08, 2012 6:13:31 PM Alois wrote:
>>    Hi all,
>>
>> I'm setting up a web service using JaxWsServerFactoryBean.
>> How can I make resources available to the service class? Is it supported
>> that a constructor with parameters is called when instantiating the
>> service class?
> Not directly, no.  However, you can create the bean yourself and then call
> factory.setServiceBean(bean) with it.   Thus, CXF doesn't control the
> construction of the bean, you would.
>
> Dan

Thanks, Dan.

Are there more differences between the two approaches?
Is there a single instance of the service class, that is used from all
service threads, in both cases?
Or can exist multiple instances?

Is any documentation available about the instantiation of the service
class and the access to its instances by different threads?

Alois