cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: send huge files through web service
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 21:12:20 GMT
On Monday, February 27, 2012 8:03:00 AM fachhoch wrote:
> My web service I am sending multiple  huge files   (as larger as 50mb each
> file)  as response  ,  most of the times I am getting broken pipe error ,
> error with jaxb serilization. Sending larger files through  web service  is
> it any different   from normal web service ?

It shouldn't be, no.  However, I would suggest using MTOM for this instead of
having JAXB inline in.

A broken pipe is usually due to the client side closing the connection for
whatever reason.    If the data is inlined, it MAY be possible the client has
hit an OOM or something which is causing the connection to drop.   Don't
really know.

Dan