cxf-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jason Pell <jasonmp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ws-trust java first jax-ws?
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 22:37:11 GMT
Also in meantime can you direct me to the area of code you found the issue I would like to
know this so I can do my own investigation if I have any further challenges 

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 15, 2012, at 5:18, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:48:23 AM Daniel Kulp wrote:
>> On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 4:29:06 PM Jason Pell wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> 
>>> It does not seem to work for much other than SERVICE.  I have not
>>> tested all combinations so far, but so far all I have managed to have
>>> working is SERVICE.
>>> 
>>> I am now trying to associate Policy with one operation, while another
>>> operation has no ws-security requirements at all.  I have tried
>>> BINDING_OPERATION, PORT_TYPE_OPERATION, neither of which work.
>>> 
>>> Am certainly looking forward to your analysis.  If you could point me
>>> in the right direction of the code I would need to look at as I am
>>> interested to understand this area of cxf as well
>> 
>> Honestly, not quite sure where to look yet.   The fact that the policy is
>> properly exposed in the WSDL (via the ?wsdl url) shows that the policy is
>> loaded fine and attached into the service model.  The runtime SHOULD be
>> using that just fine as it should be exactly the same as if the policy was
>> loaded from a real WSDL.   Thus, I'm not sure what would cause it yet.  
>> Probably will need to dig through the effective policy calculation stuff
>> for both the wsdl first and non-wsdl cases to see where the policies are
>> coming from and see what may be different.   No idea yet.    Again, very
>> strange to see the policies in the wsdl, but no have them take affect.   
>> :-(
> 
> OK.  Figured this out.  The policies and policy references themselves were 
> properly added to the service model and thus showed up properly in the 
> generated WSDL.   However, the "Description" (that holds the policies) that is 
> stored on the root Service object was not set on the endpoint info or binding 
> info and thus the references were not able to be resolved.     Just setting 
> the description on those would fix this problem.
> 
> However, this is poor design.   Those objects have a handle to the Service 
> object.  Thus, they don't need a copy of the description.  They can just call 
> service.getDescription to get it.   Thus, we won't need to make sure we set it 
> in the future.   
> 
> Running tests with that now.
> 
> -- 
> Daniel Kulp
> dkulp@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog
> Talend Community Coder - http://coders.talend.com

Mime
View raw message