cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changing namespaces in wsdl
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 15:51:20 GMT
On Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:12:16 AM Rahul Somasunderam wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2011, at 9:26 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> > For the Axis2 service, the soap body would actually be empty.  No
> > content what so ever.   The message in the wsdl looks like:
> > <wsdl:message name="AdhocQueryRequestRequest"/>
> >
> > Basically, the CXF service properly looks like the standard, the other
> > one does not at all resemble it.
>
> That's true, but I don't control what technology is used by another
> implementor. I still need to be able to talk to their implementation using
> my client code. Is there some simpler way of doing this in CXF?

Well, the point is that if the service doesn't implement the standard, you
cannot talk to it with a client that does.    It really doesn't matter what
technology the service is using.   If it's not properly implementing the
standard, the client still won't work.

You can likely try it by passing a URL to a local wsdl to the client's
constructor and then overriding the endpoint address with:

((BindingProvider)proxy).getRequestContext()
  .put(BindingProvider.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,
         "http://blah.blah.blah");

That will use the local wsdl that is proper per spec, but send the message off
to that service.   That said, I don't expect the service to work with the
message as it doesn't implement the spec.   It seems to implement it's own
proprietary thing that is "close" to the spec, but isn't the spec.

> I get this exception when testing against the Axis2 site:
> java.lang.Error: Undefined operation name
> DocumentRegistry_RegistryStoredQuery at
> com.sun.xml.internal.ws.model.JavaMethodImpl.freeze(JavaMethodImpl.java:316

Just wanted to point out:  you aren't using CXF.   This is the sun reference
impl built into the JDK.

Daniel Kulp