cxf-users mailing list archives

From Davis Ford <df...@axeda.com>
Subject Question on Providers
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 03:24:04 GMT
Hi, I have a question on providers.  The code base I'm working on uses a subclass of AegisElementProvider.
 I'm trying to add a new method to a service class where this provider is in play.  I want
a very simple resource that allows one to POST any free-form XML document...like this:

@Path("/foo")
@Consumes(MediaType.APPLICATION.XML)
public Response postXml(String body) {
}

...and call it like this from curl:

curl -d "<xml>foo</xml>" -H "Content-Type: application/xml" -X POST "http://host/path/foo"

Unfortunately, the same service has another method on it that accepts a JAXB/typed XML document
with namespaces, etc.  When I post to my method above, the Provider first gets the request,
and tries to marshall it into some Java type, and the request fails -- seems it expecting
a specific xsi:type

WARN  2011-12-01 01:49:46,640 [TypeUtil] xsi:type was not specified for top-level element
xml
WARN  2011-12-01 01:49:46,648 [WebApplicationExceptionMapper] WebApplicationException has
been caught : No mapping found for XML input.

So, my question is this: is there some way to easily bypass this Provider for this method,
so I can post any content I want as application/xml and have it just converted to a String
-- bypassing the whole JAXB process altogether?