cxf-users mailing list archives

From <John.E.Gr...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject Looking for something like dynamic client
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 21:00:17 GMT
All,

I've done a proof of concept with CXF and am now looking at how we would migrate large existing
codebases to it.  One of our client apps uses Axis1 + XMLBeans.  Because Axis 1's wsdl2java
tool didn't generate client-side stubs that worked with XMLBeans, they created a custom client
class that hid the details of using Axis' Call object.

It looks like the CXF dynamic client is superficially similar to what we have now, but not
quite what I'm looking for.  For ease of migration, I want to continue to use XMLBeans and
pass an XMLBeans request object to some kind of generic client, along with things like the
endpoint URL and perhaps some identifying info for the service, and have the generic client
make the call for me.  Is this possible?

The ComplextClient.java example that is under "wsdl_first_dynamic_client" does a couple of
things I want to avoid.  I don't want to do all PropertyDescriptor  reflection because it's
very developer-unfriendly and I don't want wsdl2java to happen on the fly every time I create
a new dynamic client.

Thanks

John