cxf-users mailing list archives

From Evangelina <evangelina...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem migrating from 2.3.1 to 2.5.0
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 19:28:05 GMT
Hi,

I'm having a few issues trying to migrate CXF from 2.3.1 version to 2.5.0.
The main issue is with the Client that I'm creating using the
ClientProxyFactoryBean.

I'm creating my client like this:

ClientProxy.getClient(cpf.create())

where cpf is the instance of ClientProxyFactoryBean, and then in my
application I use the client that I get from that invocation.

After migrating to 2.5.0 I'm running into NullPointerException because the
client is being destroyed when the method finalize is called on the
ClientProxy instance. I haven't had this issue before, because in 2.3.1 the
method finalize is not implemented in the ClientProxy class.

Is this a bug or working as expected? And if so, is there any way the client
can outlive the clientProxy? since that instance is created inside the
getClient static method, I cannot get hold of it.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Eva