cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Child elements in wsdl:documentation
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 19:49:09 GMT

On Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:44:52 AM Olivier Costet wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> First, one word to say I quite appreciate the CXF framework. Powerful,
> rather sleek and nice code. Like it.
>
> Secondly, I have a request. For the purposes of a tool I'm building, I
> need to be able to put child elements inside a wsdl:documentation
> element. These children will be parsed and exploited on the other end.
>
> I would like to be able to specify these programmatically. Unless I'm
> mistaken, this currently isn't possible. @WSDLDocumentation only allows
> specifying strings, just as
> org.apache.cxf.service.model.AbstractPropertiesHolder holds
> documentation only as a string, as opposed to an org.w3c.dom.Element
> (note that javax.wsdl.WSDLElement uses an Element for that purpose).
>
> What I would like would be something like this:
>
> @WSDLDocumentation {
>    String text
>    Placement placement
>    Class<?> faultClass
>    WSDLDocumentationChild[] children
> }
>
> @WSDLDocumentationChild {
>    String text
>    String namespace
>    String elementName
>    WSDLDocumentationChildAttribute[] attributes
>    WSDLDocumentationChild[] children
> }
>
> @WSDLDocumentationChildAttribute {
>    String name
>    String value
> }
>
> Any chance ? :o)

That looks like it wouldn't be  very fun to actually write in the code.
Would something like:

@WSDLDocumentation {
    String text
    Format format = Format.TEXT
    Placement placement
    Class<?> faultClass

    enum Format {
       TEXT, XML
    };
 }

be easier to write?    If it's Format.XML, we parse the string as XML.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org