cxf-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Are there any GOOD tutorials on creating REST services in CXF?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 21:56:09 GMT
I think one of your headaches may be in using Eclipse to do your builds
-- I would recommend opening up a command-line prompt and doing your
Maven commands (mvn clean install, mvn tomcat:deploy, etc.) from that
and use Eclipse purely as a code editor.

I'm not aware of the Tomcat Maven Plugin downloading a copy of Apache
Tomcat (it might, but news to me...).  I don't know what the Eclipse IDE
would do.  Perhaps we're talking two different plugins -- I'm referring
to this:  http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin.html, not any plugin
offered by Eclipse.

HTH,
Glen