cxf-users mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: Are there any GOOD tutorials on creating REST services in CXF?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 21:08:14 GMT
On 09/14/2011 02:33 PM, Jeff Wang wrote:
> Perhaps, instead of using the maven tomcat plugin, you can ignore
> that.  Just set the package type in maven to WAR, and then do a "mvn
> package".  then copy the resulting war file from your<project
> root>/target directory to your<tomcat root>/webapp directory.  and
> then manually start tomcat.
>
> That plugin shouldn't be a big blocker to the examples I think he
> wrote it there to make the entire thing as compact as possible.  I've
> found the example to be relatively helpful.  Is there anything you
> specifically need help with?
>
> Jeff

Thanks, Jeff.
Well, I've solved the main blocker which was caused by a bug in the
latest release of m2e.  Somehow, before, my classpath had gotten mangled
because the archetype did not come up correctly.  Now I have an
application that loads successfully.

However, still no joy.  I would assume that if I'm not using the tomcat
plugin, I would access the web service at
http://localhost:8080/cxf/rest/time or
http://localhost:8080//cxf/rest/time as mentioned in the comments,
(instead of port 9999)
but neither works.