cxf-users mailing list archives

From rssole <rss...@hotmail.com>
Subject overriding initialize methods of AbstractFeature
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 12:58:37 GMT
Hi, I've created custom feature which I couldn't run within application
I have configuration like this
<jaxws:endpoint
            id="someService"
            implementor="#someServiceBean"
            address="/getSomething">
        <jaxws:features>
            <ref bean="someCustomFeature" />
        </jaxws:features>
    </jaxws:endpoint>

So, it didn't work as I have overriden method:
void initialize(InterceptorProvider interceptorProvider, Bus bus) as per
example here: http://cxf.apache.org/docs/features.html
but that didn't work until I've overriden this:
void initialize(Server server, Bus bus)

Can someone please shed some light on this, I've came up with conclusion
that
depending on whether service is exposed through <server> or <endpoint> or
consumed through <client> tag, different initialization methods are
invoked...

I've proven my findings by simply overriding all methods printin some output
to console and  with my config this one
void initialize(InterceptorProvider interceptorProvider, Bus bus)
is not invoked.

The question is simply... what is relation between particular config and
initialize method which will be invoked?

I am asking here as there are not much examples on this and book Apache CXF
Web Service Development has not dedicated much space to features.

Thanks and regards.