cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Context injection when using "request scoped" beans
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 18:30:18 GMT
Hi

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Clint Dovholuk <cdovholuk@axeda.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have followed the instructions at http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jaxrs-services-configuration.html
to configure my jax-rs service as request scoped, created the simple custom factory as described
but the @Context (org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.ext.MessageContext) does not seem to be getting set
when I switched from singleton to request scope even though I followed the documentation which
said to use serviceFactories because this is a known issue. (in the paragraph beginning with:
"The request-scoped service bean instances [...] are not actually available at the initialization
time thus one limitation of the above configuration is that it is not possible to inject JAX-RS
contexts into these service beans")

> What might I be doing wrong? Any guidance is greatly appreciated. I could provide sample
config files / classes if that'd help?

Which CXF version are you using ? That should work for 2.4.1. Some
users have reported that the injection works for request-scope
singletons...
Cheers, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin