cxf-users mailing list archives

From Philippe Merle <philippe.me...@inria.fr>
Subject Re: Google App Engine
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 14:08:32 GMT
Hi,

Le 04/08/11 14:00, Glen Mazza a écrit :
> For your specific question, I don't know.

Ok Sergey took the issue.

>   Google App Engine supports only SAAJ server-side, but JAX-WS is OK
> for using a SOAP client[1].  This is a much better situation for the
> long time before when neither[2] were supported, and a change Google
> made because so many requested it.  But even if we made your requested
> change CXF-side, you would probably get tripped up soon in other ways
> should you attempt to be using JAX-WS for a web service provider.
> Further, GAE intentionally blocks certain packages so as to disable
> certain functionality for its app hosting--it is not the packages it
> is blocking, but the undesired functionality it does not want to
> offer.  I'm not certain CXF should be trying to circumvent GAE's
> security goals, as that would result in a clumsier/buggier CXF
> implementation (needing to reinvent wheels by no longer using well
> established Java classes) and also GAE just blocking more and more
> packages in order to thwart undesired functionality.

After checking documentation, I see that GAE supports client-side part
of JAX-WS but not server-side part.
I am more precisely identifying the problem I have:
* The CXF JAX-WS frontend uses the class
javax.xml.ws.handler.MessageContext.Scope in its JaxWsClientProxy class.
* The GAE's JRE Class White List indicates that this class is available.
* But when trying to access this enum class at runtime, an exception is
thrown: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax.xml.ws.handler.MessageContext$Scope is a restricted class. Please
see the Google App Engine developer's guide for more details.

So I posted an issue on GAE:
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=5505
I am expecting that this issue will be take into account for a next GAE
release.

Currently, I patched the JaxWsClientProxy class in order to not use
Scope.APPLICATION (replaced by null). This is durty but this is just
demo purpose.

A+
Philippe