cxf-users mailing list archives

From Jon Morgan <jon.mor...@motors.co.uk>
Subject RE: DataHandler InputStream 0 Bytes Using MTOM
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:47:55 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for that. I was going to low-level I think, I was trying to read in the bytes from
the inputstream and write them out to an outputstream.

I now use the DataHandler.writeTo() method and that solved the issue I had.

Thanks very much,

Jon.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:dkulp@apache.org]
Sent: 11 July 2011 17:38
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Cc: Jon Morgan
Subject: Re: DataHandler InputStream 0 Bytes Using MTOM

The available() method will not return the size of the data.   You would
actually need to read(...) until the end of the stream is hit to determine the
length.

Note from the javadoc for available() method:

     * the total number of bytes in the stream, many will not.  It is
     * never correct to use the return value of this method to allocate
     * a buffer intended to hold all data in this stream.

Dan