cxf-users mailing list archives

From Aki Yoshida <elak...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with new transform feature
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 16:36:38 GMT
Hi Sergey,

2011/7/25 Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@gmail.com>:
>> Not necessarily, as those namespaces are first referenced in the child
>> element where they are declared, their declarations need not be move
>> up to its parent, which is the appended element.
>>
> I saw StaxUtils doing reader.getNamespaceCount() and I was not sure how to
> correctly report that in case of appended element the count is 1 :-)

Okay. I missed this one. I need to overwrite this method to report the
correct value.

>>> By the way, there's one more limitation there which I haven't got to
>>> addressing yet - to do with being able append simple elements - currently
>>> it
>>> is possible to add wrappers but it's not possible to add a simple element
>>> say to the end of the given element's content
>>
>> We could add this feature, but is it interesting to add an empty
>> content element this way? I think we will probably need to provide a
>> way to set its content for this option, preferably filling some
>> content template using some runtime context values. This will likely
>> to require another configuraiton object.
>>
> Agreed - I meant a simple element with a text content only...
>
> inAppendElements/outAppendElements say which elements need to be wrapped  ,
> or rather, they say "append this element before this one".
> So may be we can have
>
> in/outAppendSimpleElements with the "append this element after this one"
> message ? Say, "{http://books}id:1":"{http://books}book:title", "add a book
>
> Looks a bit btittle :-) but something along those lines

In this case, we might need to rename the current append to "wrap" and
the current drop to "unwrap" ;-)

But I think the append within a sequence is difficult to configure. If
you fix the append-logic to "append-after", you can't append/insert an
element at the very begining. So, that means we will need two
variants: append-before and append-after. Then, the notation will get
even more complicated.

We'll see if there is some simpler way.

regards, aki