cxf-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Webster <awe.transcend...@gmail.com>
Subject Trouble with CXF, Embedded Jetty and Spring
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 17:43:13 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to run webservices and servlets on an embedded Jetty server via
CXF and using Spring. Under CXF 2.2.3 I kept getting NulPointerExceptions
when trying to access my services. After some searching I found the
following JIRA issue (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-3001?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel)
which states that the problem lies with Jetty6. So I upgrading to CXF 2.4
which uses a Jetty 7.3. I also changed my jetty-beans to suit Jetty7
according to the spring config files attached to the JIRA issue. This gave
rise to the following exception :

MultiException[java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler cannot be cast to
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler,
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler cannot be cast to
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler]
 at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:186)...

So I changed the ContextHandlers to ServletContextHandler
from org.eclipse.jetty.servlet (not included in CXF so I used the same Jetty
version i.e. 7.3.1.v20110307).

Now the server launches fine but I get 404s whenever I try to access
anything! Plus my traces in the servlets show that they aren't being
initialized at all.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Anthony

PS. I'll dump the whole project (small) online at some point...