cxf-users mailing list archives

From Fabio souza <fabio.nogueira.so...@gmail.com>
Subject Extending CXF bus
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 13:20:20 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to be able to dynamically monitoring different aspects related to
web services (e.g. response time, processing time, availability, etc). I
would like that the set of possible monitoring aspects was an open end. I
mean, I would like to be able to start monitoring something that wasn't
planned before without stopping the service. I did something like that in
the context of DOSGi. In fact, I modified DOSGi to include a customized
interceptor (that I call the *chainer*) when an endpoint is going to be
published. This interceptor is notified when a new *monitoring interceptor* (an
osgi service) is started and plug it in the corresponding chain of
interceptors. In that way, the next request to this service will be
monitored.

Well, I am considering to use the same idea out of an dosgi environment. To
do that, I plan to start an osgi context (that will be used to
register my *Monitoring
services*) when the CXF bus is started (however, I am not sure how I could
do that). Also, I plan to plug my chainer interceptor directly to the bus,
so that the developer of the services would not be necessarily aware of the
monitoring stuff. Could you please tell me if this idea seems to make sense?
Is there some particular documentation that I could use?

Thank you, very much!

--
Fábio