cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CXF Bad XML
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 16:47:51 GMT
On Wednesday, June 08, 2011 12:31:44 PM Frank Lawlor wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Thanks for the explanation.
>
> Using wsdl2java I can generate the classes including the Echo class and
> set the echoText, but I don't see any way to do a client.invoke() with
> this Echo object.

You would need  to get the EndpointInfo from the Client object, find the
"invoke" operation in there, grab the input message and the part out of there.
The MessagePartInfo has a getTypeClass call to get the "Class" object.   From
there, a little reflection would get the object.    Not  ideal, but using any
complex service would definitely involve that.

> Do your comments about 2.4.1 support mean that I need to wait before I
> can make this work?
> If I need to set some flag, how do I know I need to set it if I'm simply
> presented with some WSDL?

Most likely, just always set it.   For the most part, that's likely going to
be easier for you.   For WSDL's that don't have the refs, it won't make any
difference.

> When the client "digests" the WSDL does it figure this out and do the
> right thing?
>
> The goal of my code is to be able to do the same simple thing regardless
> of server type.
>
> When can we expect 2.4.1?

I'm hoping to do the builds tomorrow morning.   I'm still trying to track down
a few minor issues and doing some testing.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org