cxf-users mailing list archives

From Per Andersson <per.anders...@idainfront.se>
Subject SV: "Pretty print" request messages?
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 06:37:51 GMT
Hi again!
No one that know if this is possible at all?

//Per

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Per Andersson [mailto:per.andersson@idainfront.se]
Skickat: den 8 juni 2011 12:10
Till: users@cxf.apache.org
Ämne: "Pretty print" request messages?

Hi!
This is kind of a strange question I guess, but anyway: Are there any possibilities to force
cxf to "pretty print"/indent the request message it sends away?

Scenario: We have a server application that simply creates text files containing the requests
it get's through a web service. When we send requests to this server using CXF on the client
side (code example below) the creates text file has all content on one single line. If we
use Soap-UI to send the same request, the created file contains line breaks and white spaces
(which makes it "human readable"). We want the same behavior when we use CXF, is is possible?

CXF code on the client:
            JaxWsProxyFactoryBean factory = new JaxWsProxyFactoryBean();
            Map<String, Object> properties = new HashMap<String, Object>();
            if (useMtom)
            {
                properties.put("mtom-enabled", Boolean.TRUE);
            }
            factory.setProperties(properties);
            factory.setServiceClass(MyCustomPortType.class);
            factory.setAddress(url);
            service = (MyCustomPortType) factory.create();
            service.sendMessage(myMessage);

The resulting file when sending the request with soap-UI:
<dummy>
  <dummy2>
    <dummy3>value</dummy3>
  </dummy2>
</dummy>

The resulting file when sending the same request with soup-UI: