cxf-users mailing list archives

From Kevin McClusky <kevinmcclu...@yahoo.com>
Subject <class> cannot be cast to java.lang.String
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 22:23:40 GMT
Hi,

I think I'm doing something wrong with a dynamic client, but I'm not sure what.  I'm getting
a problem when trying to invoke a dynamic client.

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: net.webservicex.GetQuote cannot
be cast to java.lang.String

I'm creating a JaxWsDynamicClientFactory, then doing a createClient(url, service, classloader,
port) to get the client.

From the client, I'm evaluating this:

client.getEndpoint().getEndpointInfo().getBinding().getOperations().iterator().next().getOperationInfo().getInput().getMessageParts().get(0).getTypeClass()
which gives me a net.webservicex.GetQuote Class.

I'm creating an instance of that class, setting the values, and then doing:

client.invoke(operation, instanceOfThatClass);

if I pass in a string as the second argument, it works.  If I pass in the class that getTypeClass()
gives me, it gives me the error above.

The wsdl is here:

http://www.webservicex.net/stockquote.asmx?WSDL

The port I'm using is the "StockQuoteSoap" port, which validates in soapUI's WSI-BP validator.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Kevin