cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JAXB+GZIPFeature - performance
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 20:09:43 GMT

As Willem suggested, a patch to the GZIP interceptors to wrapper with a
buffered stream would be more than welcome.

One note: however, is that it may not provide a huge advantage with "native"
CXF+JAXB.   Under many circumstances, we don't call
Marshaller.marshal(Object, XMLStreamWriter)

and instead call:
Marshaller.marshal(Object, OutputStream)

to write directly to the outputstream.   When you do that, JAXB itself does a
bunch of buffering and optimizations and stuff which may be why we haven't
seen a need for it.

That said, the extra Buffered stream likely wouldn't hurt even for that case.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org