cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generate human-readable documentation from WADL?
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:01:29 GMT
Hi

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:35 AM, KARR, DAVID (ATTSI) <dk068x@att.com> wrote:
> [...]
plain text.  That means you'd have to have more than just a stylesheet, but the resulting
documentation could be higher quality than what you'd get with plain text.  I'm sure that
code to do this could be quite complex, but I'm going to raise the issue anyway.

Converting a given XML Schema instance into a proper graphical tree
can be a very challenging task, especially if start supporting
WADL-first development. Perhaps, initially, we can have a grammar
section containing an external link only, which, if clicked, will lead
to a pretty printed XML.

When I was saying that WADL work was on the map I was implying,
should've made it more explicit, that adding a WADL-first code
generator was an important task - such a generator can faciliate the
development of higher-level tools given that for a WADL-first approach
to be more viable, a tool helping create a WADL doc (possibly
indirectly) has to be available.

Having a good human readable description created from a generated WADL
is also an important task, but I'd put it after the code generator
task, as far as priorities are concerned.

We actually have the WADL-first code generator done - the initial code
is there, but it only can be used for auto generating the code on
request. That code-generator related code has to be also wrapped by a
command-line tool and maven plugin...

Cheers, Sergey