cxf-users mailing list archives

From Matt Shostak <mshos...@potomacfusion.com>
Subject cxf 2.3.1 and JBoss 6 problem
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2011 20:02:34 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to deploy my .war file on Jboss 6.  It works on Jboss 5.1.0.  I was building with
CXF 2.2.10 and Spring 3.0.1.  Since Jboss 6 uses CXF 2.3.1, I changed the build to use CXF
2.3.1 and Spring 3.0.5.  I've also set it so that none of the CXF jars are included in my
.war.  When I put my new .war file in server/default/deploy and start Jboss, I get this error:

org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem:
Failed to import bean definitions from URL location [classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml]
Offending resource: ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/cxf-beans.xml]; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException parsing XML document
from class path resource [META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml]; nested exception
is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml]
cannot be opened because it does not exist
                at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(FailFastProblemReporter.java:68)

The cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml used to be found in cxf-bundle-jaxrs-2.2.10.jar back when
I was building with 2.2.10 for Jboss 5.1.0.  Now for Jboss 6, however, that xml file does
not exist among the cxf*.jar files in common/lib.  My cxf-beans.xml file has the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
       xmlns:jaxrs="http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs"
       xmlns:context="http://www.springframework.org/schema/context"

       xsi:schemaLocation="
       http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd
       http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxrs.xsd
       http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd
       http://www.springframework.org/schema/context http://www.springframework.org/schema/context/spring-context.xsd">

    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml"/>
    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml"/>
    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml" />
    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml"/>

Obviously cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml is now a problem, but if I simply remove that line
from cxf-beans.xml I get a new error:

org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem:
Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace [http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs]
Offending resource: ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/cxf-beans.xml]

So can anyone tell me how exactly am I supposed to refer to these cxf*.xml files in my cxf-beans.xml?
 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt