cxf-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Anyone Successfully Set-up Tomcat 7 with CXF 2.4?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 08:42:48 GMT
Hi Ron,

from the error message it looks like the spring web jar is not on the
classpath.
Could you send the content of your pom you use to create the war file
and of course check if the above jar is in the lib dir?

Christian

Am 26.04.2011 01:16, schrieb Ron Grimes:
> All,
>
> Just a shot in the dark, but has anyone managed to get
>
> Tomcat 7
> CXF 2.4
> Spring 3.0.5
>
> working together?
>
> I've been beating my head against a wall with the following error, and am not really
sure what it's complaining about :

> INFO: Deploying web application archive ssc-maximo.war
> Apr 25, 2011 4:41:01 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
> SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
>        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1676)
>        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1521)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClass(DefaultInstanceManager.java:415)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClassMaybePrivileged(DefaultInstanceManager.java:397)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.newInstance(DefaultInstanceManager.java:118)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4638)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$1.call(StandardContext.java:5204)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$1.call(StandardContext.java:5199)
>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
> Apr 25, 2011 4:41:01 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
> SEVERE: Skipped installing application listeners due to previous error(s)
> Apr 25, 2011 4:41:01 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
> SEVERE: Error listenerStart
> Apr 25, 2011 4:41:01 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
> SEVERE: Context [/ssc-maximo] startup failed due to previous errors
>

> I suspected the problem was with the change from servlet-api 2.5 to 3.0. I've tried configuring
it both ways to no avail.

> I have managed to get Tomcat 6, CXF 2.5, and Spring 3.0.5 working, but, since I'm finally
upgrading from Tomcat 5.5.26, I wanted to push it all the way to TC 7.

--
----
http://www.liquid-reality.de