cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can CXF support multiple response?
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 07:54:33 GMT
On Monday 11 April 2011 10:16:15 PM Yinwei David Liu wrote:
> Hi Freeman,
>
>  Thanks for your reply.
>
> > I don't think CXF can support one request with multiple response.
>
> Could you please help me to understand why CXF cannot support this feature?

It's mostly due to the specifications that CXF implements.  WSDL, JAX-WS,
etc... are very request/response.   Client creates a request, gets a response,
moves on...    WSDL doesn't really have a way to model single request, multi
reponse.

This would NORMALLY be modelled as two separate services that likely use one-
way semantics.  The "client" would bring up a service and get a reference to
it.  When it calles the service, it would pass that reference along with the
rest of the request data.     The service would then call back on that service
as needed.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp