cxf-users mailing list archives

From Jim Talbut <jtal...@spudsoft.co.uk>
Subject LoadDistributingConduitSelector
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2011 08:13:09 GMT
Hi,

I've written a LoadDistributingConduitSelector, based on the
FailoverTargetSelector.

Would you like me to convert it to a Feature and submit it as part of CXF?

It doesn't subclass FailoverTargetSelector because it needs access to
the private InvocationContext stuff, but it could replace the
FailoverTargetSelector because distribution across addresses is optional
and by default is off.
Or, if I'm making it part of CXF I could change the appropriate bits of
FailoverTargetSelector to protected.

When distribution is turned on it asks the FailoverStrategy for the list
of alternate addresses in selectConduit.
It first tries calling getAlternateAddresses( null ) in order to set up
a list of alternate addresses that will work across any exchange (and
that is thus remembered until it runs out of addresses) - if the
FailoverStrategy can't cope with returning alternate addresses for a
null Exchange the LoadDistributingConduitSelector will call
getAlternateAddresses(exchange) but obviously can't remember the result
- which means that if the FailoverStrategy returns the same result from
selectAlternateAddress there will be no load distribution.
All the FailoverStrategy classes that I can find handle
getAlternateAddresses( null ).

It is no more or less thread safe than the FailoverTargetSelector.

I haven't yet tested it with multiple endpoints, just multiple addresses.

Jim