cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Fraser, Dougal" <Dougal.Fra...@aucklandcouncil.govt.nz>
Subject Large Messages and WS-RM
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 21:52:46 GMT
CXF 2.3.3
I am using WS-RM to send large messages with attachments.  The attachments are currently only
up to 15 MB, but they could grow to 400 MB or higher.

If I understand the code correctly, both client and sender convert the complete message (including
the attachment) to a byte array for processing.  This works fine for the smaller messages,
but as the messages grow the memory burden of this will become a significant issue.

Is my understanding correct?
Is there any way to stream the data to avoid the memory overhead?

I look forward to your feedback,

Dougal Fraser | Websphere Developer
Integration Stream
Auckland Council
Visit our website: www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz<http://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz>

[Auckland Council]

CAUTION: This email message and any attachments contain information that may be confidential
and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure
or copying of this message or attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
email message in error please notify us immediately and erase all copies of the message and
attachments. We do not accept responsibility for any viruses or similar carried with our email,
or any effects our email may have on the recipient computer system or network. Any views expressed
in this email may be those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views
of Council.