cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Chaffee" <jchaf...@ebates.com>
Subject RE: JAXB: Any way to incorporate restrictions into annotations?
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 00:13:20 GMT
This is exactly what we wanting, except it doesn't seem to support key restrictions...but it
does support other constraints.  However, I cannot add any jars to the endorsed directory
do to some operational constraints so it won't help me much, but it is still nice to know.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: jasonmpell@gmail.com on behalf of Jason Pell
Sent: Wed 3/2/2011 2:53 PM
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Cc: Hannes Holtzhausen; Jason Chaffee; Daniel Kulp
Subject: Re: JAXB: Any way to incorporate restrictions into annotations?

Hi,

I am using jaxb-facets with CXF and it works very nicely.

http://www.infosys.tuwien.ac.at/staff/hummer/tools/jaxb-facets.html
http://java.net/projects/jaxb/lists/dev/archive/2011-02/message/0

I did have to hack jaxb-api and jaxb-impl and put the hacked jaxb-api
into jre/lib/endorsed and override the
impl in CXF, but it works so well I was surprised.  I have since added
Date and Datetime validation and at some
point will need to add Decimal as well.

If you want to get hold of my updated jaxb-api and jaxb-impl let me
know.  I can provide my enhancements to the original code from
hummer@nfosys.tuwien.ac.at

Its a real hack but it does exactly what I need and I have done it in
such a way that if at some point its built into jaxb I can back out my
changes
and make use of the core release again.

Cheers
Jason