cxf-users mailing list archives

From Tim Clotworthy <tclotwor...@integratedsecure.com>
Subject Serialize Custom Class with CXF via Reflection (or similar)
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 02:40:52 GMT
Hello,
I am involved with a project now where we are trying to provide a (JAX-RS) web services library
that allows implementers to write their own classes for customizing the format of a web service
response.

I am trying to do something like the following:

LibraryContainerClass

   --- ContainedUserClass

where the JAX-RS - based webservices library can serialize the contained user class (i.e.
ContainedUserClass) without explicitly knowing its structure.

Not sure whether this would be a CXF-specific (Aegis?) capability, or a more general xml-tool
(Aegis/jaxb/dom) capability but, as an example, is there some way to have the CXF capability
use reflection to derive the structure needed by JAX-RS to serialize the output?

I tried having an abstract class that the library user's output class must extend, but it
didn't work.

Any response is appreciated (including even perhaps directing me to someone or something else).
Thanks for any reply!