cxf-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wsdl2js generated code fails to parse a Java Map<String, String> property
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 12:06:34 GMT
Give or take the general limitations on 'Map', this should work. Which
is to say, I don't recall whether I was trying to make map work on
not. Map won't work on the Java side with JAXB, but it will work with
Aegis. A JIRA would be appropriate.

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:45 AM, Robbie Gieze <giezer@eu.objectiflune.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Apache CXF to expose a Java object which has the following property:
>
> private Map<String,String> constraintParams;
>
> This gives me a correct WSDL file and I can use the SOAP method with no problems from
tools like SOAPUI.

> But I want to use the SOAP service from javascript. So I use the wsdl2js tool of CXF
and it generates a .js file. When I use the javascript file it fails to parse the SOAP response
from the server.

> The SOAP XML part that the javascript code fails to deserialize looks like this:
>
>  <ns3:constraintParams>
>    <ns1:entry>
>      <ns1:key>regex</ns1:key>
>      <ns1:value>^.+$</ns1:value>
>    </ns1:entry>
>  </ns3:constraintParams>
>
> It seems like the generated js code tries to deserialize the <entry> tag but the
wsdl2js generator didn't actually generate that function, so the code of the generator is
calling a function that it didn't generate. The following line in the js gives a "services_systemcontrol_mydomain_com__entry_deserialize"
is not defined" error.

>   arrayItem = services_systemcontrol_mydomain_com__entry_deserialize(cxfjsutils, curElement);
>
> At this moment the curElement property has the <entry> tag but the deserialize
function simply is not in the generated js file.

> Do I do anything wrong or is there another way that does work that I could look into?
>
> On the server side I'm using 2.2.4, I tested the wsdl2js tool of versions 2.2.4, 2.2.12,
2.3.2 the result is always as above.