cxf-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MBeans, get your MBeans
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 19:06:22 GMT
The MBean client API is kind of a pain in the neck. Talking RMI to
contact MBean servers on multiple machines is a really big pain in the
neck.

If you were sitting down to create a webapp to visualize some
management data, you would perhaps rather write that code in terms of
a JSON-ish data model of the data. than in terms of the MBean API.

So, our thought was to solve both problems: get rid of the RMI
business by having a service on each machine that exposed the data via
JAX-RS, and be able to code to a less annoying data model.

One of my colleagues is likely to post some more specific thoughts
about what he hates about the MBean API.